Chesnee, South Carolina

I have shopped at Ingles for more than 30 years.In the past few months, I have bought sausage that after getting it home realized it was 2 months (not weeks) out of date and rank!

I have bought packages sausage gravy that was out of date; tonight I opened a package of Laura Lynn ham (which expires Feb 21) and it is GREEN! See photo. I don't have time to check dates on grocery items each time.

That's the job of Ingles.I am very disappointed.

Review about: Ham.

4.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ingles Markets?

Comments

You should call the health department, I'm sure they care about dates!

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt know it was a customers job to make sure a product is safe to eat. Now, it is a good idea to check the date to see how long after you buy it to consume it. But its the duty of the employees to check dates and provide customers with food that is safe to eat.

anonymous

Actually it is your job, if you don't like buying expired food items. I do agree about the green meat that you bought, but you should do some research to find out exactly what the so-called expiration date on packages of food actually means.

to anonymous Williamston, South Carolina, United States #1113681

Yes, it is a good idea to check the dates on the items you buy because:

1.SOME store managers DO NOT require their employees to pull 'close to out of date items' to be return to Vendors (per Corporate instructions)or to rotate their stock and the ' close to or out of date items' would be discovered and possibly pulled off the shelves.

But some store managers Do require their employees to rotate stock and pull 'close to out of date items', they are NOT CHECKING to make sure their orders were carried out.

3.If the Vendors complain to their company or the offending store manager about the ' close to out of date items' on the shelf, nothing is ever done from HIGHER UP.

So, that is a good idea to checks dates for your own safety.