Andrea H Ejj

| map-marker Fairview, North Carolina

Errors at check out

I was at the Ingles at Beaverdam rd and Merriman yesterday. None of the prices when scanned were correct except for a few.

The wine was totally scanning higher that it showed on the shelf. AND the sale prices did not show when scanned. I had to run back to the aisles taking pics of the correct price then returning to the cashier to show him. The store manager and check out person were both aware that this is a constant problem.

I left the wine behind, was tempted to leave all the groceries behind, but endured the check out of the grocery items. A VERY unpleasant and annoying experience.

AND a RIP OFF for those people that are not paying attention!!!

User's recommendation: watch the prices at the checkout!!!!!

Joseph T Rfr

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Rain check issue and poor in store customer service

Ingles Markets - Rain check issue and poor in store customer service
Ingles Markets - Rain check issue and poor in store customer service - Image 2
Ingles Markets - Rain check issue and poor in store customer service - Image 3
Ingles Markets - Rain check issue and poor in store customer service - Image 4

I have a rain check for six Palermos Pizza BOGO. You had a BOGO on this product shelf price 6.98 each at the Ingles on Floyd Baker Bvld.

Gaffney, S.C. when I attempted my purchase, you were sold out.Today I redeemed my Palermos rain check and was charged full retail- 8.68 each at BOGO prices. I requested a customer service manager and was rudely told it was take it or leave it! Thats a very poor way to address any customer!

I been a loyal Ingles customer since day one in my town and Im thoroughly offended! There was no negotiation or discussion; she simply walked off! Todays shelf price was not a standard sales price. Todays full retail price for Palmeros pizza is 6.98 each.

This is the first time Ive ever had any issue with Ingles and I love the chain! My intentions are not to pull a fast one. I only want a fair deal and I dont want customer service to treat me like Im a con artist! Im not pissed; but Im obviously upset.

Whether Im right or wrong on this issue; your customer service person was unforgivably rude publicly to me. Sincerely, Joe Turner- ps. I shop at this Ingles at least three times a week.

You can verify this as I always use my Ingles Advantage Card. Thank You!

User's recommendation: Call corporate management with problems such as rude local customers service or with incorrect pricing. You will not get satisfaction at the store level.

kenneth h Att

| map-marker Asheville, North Carolina

Bad management

I just tried shopping at your Airport Rd store #137. I was purchasing a charger for my phone and it rang up as a 10 ft cord instead of a 6 foot.

When I questioned the cost the cashier requested help from the Customer service Mgr. She obviously felt that she was being interrupted by originally saying no and reluctantly helping when the cashier persisted. She began telling me that I had the most expensive item that ingles carry from 20' away. When I stated it was a 6' cord and not the 10' she again corrected me.

When we got to the location of the product she still continued to point to the item she was claiming I was holding. I in my frustration pointed to the location and stated that this is the "D**n location. She again argued and I stated to just forget it. At that point she begin to accuse me of cursing her that I stated " *** you instead of forget it.

She continued to state this claim so all could hear and saying that she was going to give it to me if I had not cursed her. She loudly proclaimed to the cashier to refused the sale of the additional $50 worth of groceries that I had waiting to purchase. I admit I was wrong for allowing my temper to show by stating D**n but I do not use the F-word. I do not work for a corporation as big as Ingles however, I am the Operations Distribution manager of an $800 + million Medical Supply company ( Aeroflow Health in Asheville NC ) and if any of our staff conducted themselves as {{Redacted}} did we would dismiss immediately.

It appeared that when she saw she was in error of the length of cord she chose to accuse and kick me out of the store instead of charging appropriately. I would gladly pay for a 6' cord that may have been mislabeled or misplaced if it was a different cost.

I just wanted fairness of cost for both you and myself. I will not shop that store again and will look at alternatives to Ingles

Pros:
  • Basically the only large grocery store in area
Cons:
  • Basically the only large grocery store in area

Preferred solution: Apology

Resolved
Audrey T Eii

| map-marker Rutherford College, North Carolina

Resolved: Bakery

Yes I am very upset at ingles on Connelly Spring Rd in. NC I was in there sat at the bakery I heard a boss screaming at this employee and I was going to order a cake for my son birthday but when I heard that saw the young lady go to the bath room a crying I turn around walk out went to Valdess the other employees was shaking there head. I will not be back in there that was not right I heard the conversation and it had nothing to do with work I ask one employee what her name was and it's Suzanne
Odile Ufz

| map-marker Gaffney, South Carolina

Customer Service

Original review Apr 15, 2024

We just had an interesting experience at Ingles. We were using the self checkout line and when there was a problem with the system, a clerk came over to fix the problem.

Then, she proceeded to go through every bag we had rung up. We proceeded to checkout but in hindsight, we should have canceled the transaction and purchased groceries elsewhere. It was surprising to experience this type of treatment. It won't happen again as we will be shopping elsewhere.

I received a canned email response from Ingles today that was woefully inadequate.

Apparently, they don't value their customers. I know my switching to another store won't change anything about their business practices but I won't do business with them again.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Poor management
  • Ingles does not fix problems
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't shop at Ingles

dane r Qce

| map-marker Hendersonville, North Carolina

Super nasty funky chicken salad

Ingles Markets - Super nasty funky chicken salad
Ingles Markets - Super nasty funky chicken salad - Image 2
Ingles Markets - Super nasty funky chicken salad - Image 3
I just bought some LL chicken salad and it looks like oiley botulism. I didn't think to keep the receipt, I've been eating this for years. No response from the company at all.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Keep all receipts, quality control issues/food born illness potential

Niccole Pcx

Store 11 Hendersonville nc made a remark that was inappropriate Manager today He sounds like a redneck with no class .If he were the last person man on the earth I would throw him away redneck uneduca

Redneck manager making inappropriate comments about customers today A loser totally.Ugly on inside and out.I would not go into your store occasionally.Just rude uneducated and sounds like a redneck classless .Your company has the worst uneducated classless managers
Cons:
  • Your management no class

Preferred solution: Educate and give your employees class .

User's recommendation: Should not have a job

Keisha G Uqb

Inappropriate Employee

Hello, an employee of yours..Sabrina Foster in Brevard, NC has engaged in an inappropriate relationship with my husband, not once but twice. The first time was while she was still married and was screwing my husband, and now that shes divorced she engaged again with my husband and is screwing him again.

Is this the normal for your employees? Is this how you conduct business? Should everyone with a husband have to worry about the inventory girls cause they have no morals?

Absolutely ridiculous and I am bringing a lawsuit against her for bed and abandonment and naming the manager of the Brevard store due to him knowing the affair and refusing to take any action, therefore ingles can be accountable as well. I complained to the manager, the delivery driver (my husbands) boss, and the boss of flowers that checks ingles stores and nobody would do anything.

Cons:
  • Know what their employees are up to and do nothing

Preferred solution: Her out of public service dealing with people. Who knows how many husbands she’s done this to??? Her husband was a marine, how many did she mess around with while he was gone?

User's recommendation: Don’t send your husbands near her!

Guest

I think you’re directing anger at the wrong person. You need to discuss this with your husband.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2496421

I think it’s hilarious you have nothing better to do than read complaints and comment.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2496448

Don’t worry what I’m doing. Go find your husband.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2496448

I think it's hilarious you can't keep a man and are on a public website, airing your dirty laundry and blaming your husband's employer and boss. Good luck with your silly lawsuit. Having worked in the legal field for years as a paralegal, I can tell you NO ATTORNEY will take your case unless this other woman is wealthy with deep pockets.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2496546

Thanks for your help

View more comments (4)
map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Pricing Errors

Many times in the past year, including today, I have caught items ringing up higher than the shelf tag. If you don't watch every item as it is scanned, there's no telling how much you are being ripped off by Ingles.

I noticed a bottle of soda did not ring at the sale price. I called it to the clerk's attention but got the "deer in the headlight look". He never offered to have a price check done. I paid for it and then went back to the shelf to see if I had misread the price tag.

Sure enough, not only did it not ring up the sale price but it rang up more than the regular price that was listed on the shelf tag. I took a picture of it and showed it to a nice young lady at the front desk. She apologized and offered to give me a credit. Was not worth the trouble for 75 cents.

But it happens a lot. Almost seems like a scam because I have had many things ring up incorrectly at the Loganville, Ga. store. Not sure I ever want to go back.

Whatever happened to the scan right guarantee? Guess they can't offer it anymore because they would get called out on it a lot and be giving away a lot of free items.

Kasidee Adf

Sandy the lady at the service desk in Fletcher

Shes very rude I asked her if she was rude to everyone and she said no so I guess just to me this is not the first time I have had this happen to me there you people need to look into this store the management is very unfriendly as well and then their is Maria who likes to argue with customers about things I have seen this happen twice when I have been in there.
Tzivia Xrj

Employee would not listen to my requests in the deli and food section.

An employee would not listen to anything I asked in the deli/prepared food department. I asked several times to have my food prepared differently. I should have just left. I was so tired that day because of my disabilities. I was so hungry and should have just bought soup. Confronting a manager about it would have made me feel worse. Sometimes you can do only what you can do in the moment. The prices are already more expensive than other stores. The prices have only increased and they just keep rising prices. I get my prescriptions there. I'll buy everything elseat Food Lion.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Pharmacy department and some employees
Cons:
  • Prices and some employees

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Ask for a manager if able.

Rosemary A Cps

| map-marker Clemson, South Carolina

Store in West Union, SC

We enjoy your fish on Fridays, but somebody needs to make sure they order more of their fish. Today, at 4:30, they were already out of fish. This is completely unacceptable! Last week, it was even earlier. Please do something, before we go elsewhere to get our Friday fish! Thank you, in advance!

User's recommendation: If you want deli fish in West Union, SC, go very, very early!!

Bo S Mif
map-marker Gaffney, South Carolina

Assistant manager

I asked why the wine I was buying so high. That I couldve got it at Walmart for a lot cheaper price! She proceeded to tell me go to Walmart then! Ive been shopping at ingles for 20 plus years. Really tells me she doesnt care about customers! I will start shopping at Walmart from now own! The customer service sucks!!

User's recommendation: Find a store other than ingles!

Daniel C Dzp

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Swannanoa, North Carolina

Product Sales Between Stores

Ingles Markets - Product Sales Between Stores

On 9/19/23 I purchased several items at your Store # 34 in Swannanoa and picked them up curbside. One item was on sale, which was Oscar Mayer bacon which was 2 for $10.

When I received my order I was told that the Oscar Mayer bacon stock was depleted and the girl who shopped for me had substituted a brand of bacon for $3.26 per package. I live near Store # 4 on Tunnel Rd., so today I took back the bacon (because it wasn't worth the $3.26 I paid for it) and asked for a refund. The management staff clerk told me that they weren't allowed to reimburse for products purchased in another store. I told her it was an Ingles' Market store in Swannanoa (# 34) and showed her the receipt.

Reluctantly, she finally reimbursed me, then reminded me not to come there again looking for a refund on an item purchased outside of Store # 4.

In addition, I asked the management clerk if I could get a "rain check" on the sale item which was out-of-stock. She went to an older lady who came up and told me that the sale was over last night. I told her that I was aware of that but that I had attempted to purchase the out-of-stock item yesterday and that I wanted a "rain check" since they ran out of stock in Store # 34. I was getting no where, so I asked to speak with the Customer Service Manager who gave me a "rain check" with expiration of 9/30/23 but told me that I would have to go back to Store # 34 to use it.

He said that if they gave me two packs of that bacon today, they would take a great loss (his words). There was plenty of Oscar Mayer bacon for $9.98 per package in stock at Store # 4, but I wound up having to purchase a pack (since I couldn't use the "rain check" just so that I would have bacon for breakfast tomorrow morning.

I don't understand why a person can't use a "rain check" in any Ingles' Supermarket or exchange items in any Ingles' Supermarket if purchased in another one. Other local chain grocery stores and businesses do this all the time.

Now, I'm going to have to drive 15 - 20 minutes to the Swannanoa Store # 34 from East Asheville where I live just so I can use my "rain check" and hope that when I get there, they have Oscar Mayer bacon in stock. I'll likely be told they can't honor a "rain check" written from Store # 4.

Pros:
  • Convenient locations
  • Clean store
Cons:
  • Less than friendly staff and managers

Preferred solution: My "rain check" for Oscar Mayer Bacon at 2 for $10.

User's recommendation: I wouldn't recommend letting an Ingles' rep shop for you and definitely wouldn't expect a refund at an Ingles' store where you didn't purchase the item you're returning.

Guest

The management at Ingles on Floyd Baker Bvld. In Gaffney, S.C.

don’t understand the concept of customer appreciation. They are hard to find and unfriendly and very uncooperative! They don’t get it! Without happy customers you don’t have a viable store.

Please join the 21st. century! It’s not all about you; it’s all about your customers. One positive note: your hourly paid store associates are just the opposite!

They are the true customer service representatives! Their behavior is quite superior to yours and they are friendly and helpful!

Leilani L Mfm

Misty Mountain Water

Hello, my name is l e i l a n i I live in Franklin North Carolina. I have went round and round with all three stores here to try to get Misty Mountain Water back it is coming from cashiers Mountain it is local water I am a dog rescue and I have animals that get crystals in their urine with Mountain Water it does not happen.

And I have fish aquariums that I have to add water to and I can take Misty Mountain Water and directly put it in I had to drive round trip 5 hours to Food City in Tennessee to get Misty Mountain Water I have talked to the guy at Misty Mountain he said there was an issue with orders and stuff and they got it all straightened out they had an employee problem any emailed Ingles very nicely and ask them please please take us back into your stores and the person in the warehouse is very ugly and he said no because there was a problem now he won't let them come back in the store there's a lot of people that love that water and everybody knows it's coming from cashiers North Carolina I will be calling on Monday to talk to somebody because please please get Misty water back in ingles stores please I'm begging you it sold very well the shelves were always empty and everybody knows it comes local right out of the mountain.

My number is 828-524-****, please call me or email me . Thank you very much for your concern and helping a customer that is upset I appreciate you and thank you for getting the water back in please thank you.

Preferred solution: For them to get Misty Mountain Water back in their store that comes from Cashiers North Carolina it's a local water from the Springs I use it for my animals and my aquarium

Dujuan Dbg

| map-marker Waverly, Tennessee

Terrible customer service

I am disabled & The store was not ready for customers it was 20 minutes after they opened one of the employees was rude to me and then a manager was rude and told me to leave

User's recommendation: Boycott

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article