April 21, 2016

Dear Ingles Customer Service.

I was horrified to learn that your meat departments pitched out valuable organic meat after only 24 hours. I work with homeless people who may get meat one day a week, and often not even that. There is terrible poverty in my state. 300 school age students are homeless, living in one relatives house after another. The street people are all older, they can’t be sent to most shelters. This means they will not be getting an education; and this means the next generation will not be adequately fed or employed.

There are over 2,000 houses on the market in this little county of 60,000. Most of our citizen, 1 out of 4 are senior citizens, not making enough money to support the churches eating programs except during the summers when the snowbirds show up at the mountain homes. School food programs are unfunded and under staffed. Men want jobs but 17 businesses moved left in 2009 from Waynesville, a town of only 9,000.

The worst obesity exists among the poor who are forced to eat carbs, and diabetes has expanded times 4!

This must stop! Please, or find out a way to give this meat away.

Cornelia Scott Cree

Haywood County NC

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss a product or service. Ingles Markets needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ingles Markets.

Had an Experience with Ingles Markets?

Comments